My friend Shaila made this for our Primary quarterly activity. Be sure and read her notes that follow the recipe itself. I've had people begging for it since that activity, so here it is. I'm making this for dinner tonight!
Mac N Cheese
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs (I skipped the eggs)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed soup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Total Time: 2 3/4 hrs
- Boil the macaroni in water for six minutes. Drain.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter then add cheese. Stir until the cheese melts.
- In , combine cheese mixture and add the eggs (I omitted the eggs), sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper. Add the drained macaroni and stir again.
- Cook on low for 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.