Friday, June 6, 2008

Sheer Madness

I haven't been reading others' blogs lately. I just haven't had the time, so today I decided to get caught up while I was making dinner. As I read Tonya's (always entertaining), I saw that a friend of her's tagged her and she was supposed to take a photo of ten different things and post them. Those things couldn't be staged beforehand or fixed in any way. As I neared the end of that post, I realized that she was going to have to tag five people when she was done, what I feared came to pass. There was my name among the five, so you may read on, but beware. You might just be listed in my fab five.
1. FAVORITE VACATION. Any vacation for me is a favorite vacation. I think this last spring break at Mount Rainier was my favorite. So relaxing and time just to get away and be together.
2. LAUNDRY PILE. Well, I finally got a few loads done today, so this is all that's left to wash. The washer and dryer are running as I write and there is a load to fold and put away yet. This work is never finished.
3.THE FRIDGE. Nothing too exciting here. Oh, I might note that the fruit and veggie bins are full. I have, as of today, lost 10 pounds!4. THE CLOSET. This is half of my closet. I have never been fortunate enough to live in a house with a walk-in closet, but I feel fortunate to have what I do--a closet to myself; Zan's is on the other half of the wall. 5. THE TOILET. The mark to the left is a chip where the finish came off the seat from a really long reading session or something.6. THE KITCHEN SINK. We made no bake cookies today--a new tradition, so the smaller sink has those dishes waiting to go into the dishwasher.7. FAVORITE ROOM. I love my bedroom. The comforter is in the wash right now, so it's not looking all that grand, but I just love that I can go into my room to escape. The new window makes this room so much more cheerful. I love hearing the birds through it first thing in the morning when the weather is nice and the window is open. 8. FAVORITE SHOES. I love these shoes and look forward to wearing them. My sister bought them for me for my birthday last year.9. WHAT YOUR KIDS ARE DOING RIGHT NOW. Quinlan, Dierden and Aedan were watching "Princess Diaries 2" together in the family room. Brevin was in his room, and Gannon was at the Potts' playing Guitar Hero, I'm sure.
Zan had just arrived home, so Teagen was entertaining his dad. Since it has taken me so long to get this post done, here's what Teagen was doing three minutes ago....
Zan called me saying, "Julie, you've got to see this." When I first arrived in the front hallway, there was Teagen, dog crate in tow, with the dog inside. As the crate started to tip, the dog jumped out. Now, you have to understand, Maggie thinks Teagen is her pup, so Teagen can get away with losts of things the rest of us can't.At this point, Teagen is trying to figure out why the dog's out and how to get her back in.He opens the door and starts motioning where he wants her to go.She's not so sure this is what she has in mind.Zan gives the command, "Crate," and in she goes.You can see the sweet little girl in the crate. She puts up with a lot from this little boy, but she sure loves him.
10. SELF PORTRAIT. Yep, that's me...the chief inmate of the madhouse.

So, it's my turn to tag....
I tag Lindsey, Christy, Megan, Melissa and Jenny! Don't fix it up, just start snapping those photos.

4 comments:

Tonya said...

Great personal photo. I have never seen you wear those shoes, and the toilet comment cracked me up!

Rory Baxter said...

Julie,

I LOVE this idea! What a fun way to tell about daily/weekly happenings!
I dont have a blog but mind if I borrow the idea too for when I send out my email posts?
I always want to send picts but cant figure the best way to do it...
it will help me "make the most of the moment" rather than the "say cheese" picts I usually send!
Thanx for always sharing such creative ideas!

Anonymous said...

Julie ~ I'm slow to catch up on the blogs - we've just returned from a trip...but I will get to this game today (I hope). It definitely made me laugh - both you and Christy's...

LOVE your photo!

Anonymous said...

Man I'm slow on the uptake!! Will work on this post tonight. Thanks for the tag....feeling lots of pressure now! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...