Monday, June 30, 2008

Plan for the Day

Well, back from Girls' Camp and time to get back on the ball. So many things to do today. I guess my biggest priorities are redoing the family budget--with gas prices being so amazing, I need to reassess just where we stand. We're thinking we might need to figure out a different car situation. The Suburban is such a guzzler, but we really need its size for toting around our crew. Hmm. We'll have to see.

I need to get some more studying done. I kept up pretty well before camp, but I now have a portfolio to prepare and a midterm to study for. I can't order the midterm until I have the portfolio returned to me, so I'd better get moving. I wish I could go to the library to have some uniterrupted time, but I just don't think that's going to happen.

We head for the beach tomorrow or Wednesday to spend the fourth of July. This will require laundry to be done and the house to be cleaned. I'm glad I have kids that will jump in and help with a lot of this, but that will mean that I have to get some lists together and help Aedan get moving in the right direction.

I also have an orthodontist and an eye appointment to make for Quinlan. Brevin's been complaining about his throat again, so I will probably have to get him in before we leave. I really don't know what's up with this kid. With his ADHD, he tends to be compulsive about certain things--biting his nails, picking at scabs, that kind of thing. I'm wondering if something he's doing is causing so many bouts with strep. Zan's had it once, Dierden's had it once, but the rest of us haven't gotten it. I'm going to go over the door handles and phones and such today with antibacterial wipes and see if this will help. I've changed out his toothbrush each time he's gotten it, so I'm not sure what else to do.

Oh, I also think I'm the lesson for FHE tonight.

So, with all of this to do, and what am I doing? BLOGGING of course. Hee hee.

3 comments:

Tonya said...

You are one busy lady! And blogging to just let everything go for a minute:0) Love it and I think you so amazing! About brevin...I am SOLD on a product called Emergen-C. I swear it knocks the bugs out. It also boosts the immune system. I swear when I give it to my kids or myself our condition does not progress. Just a thought.....

vaxhacker said...

My parents just got back from their girls' camp week as well. Sounds like a great experience. I haven't been to anything like that since I was 21ish and helping one summer with my old scout troop. And in a couple of weeks I get to experience all the fun of summer camp with our troop! (wish me luck!) :) It should be fun, despite my regret at not being able to also be at the cub day camp since it's the same week, but I know I'm leaving the pack in good hands. We have wonderful youth leaders in this ward... well, actually, we've felt like we were really lucky to have been in this ward ever since we stumbled in one Sunday many many years ago.

vaxhacker said...

Oh, and I was going to say something about the ADHD thing but got sidetracked into that other thing. Boy can I relate, though... (sigh). But the most important thing to remember is—oooooh, a sparkly... say, that reminds me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...