Friday, March 27, 2009

Just Thinking About Summer

Yay!!! He can hear again! I was really starting to worry. T's back to his mischievous self again, so I guess that means he's feeling better. So glad for antibiotics.

We're back home again. Getting away is always great, but I'm so glad to be back in my own house. G has a basketball tournament--three games--tomorrow. Should be lots of fun. Just can't believe how fast spring break has gone by.

This is always the time of year when I start to think about summer vacation and what we're going to look forward to. Lachlan's birth so overshadows all of that for me right now. I can't seem to think about running around at all this summer. I'd better get thinking about something or my poor kids--at least plan in some trips to the library. Poor G--seems that books are his source of oxygen. Q isn't far behind with that attitude, and it seems that DJ is picking that up too. Without a TV in the house, there's going to have to be some outlet for them.

The one thing we're all excited about it the Hamm family reunion in late July. That'll be our one big get away. Usually there's COSA--the school administrator's conference in Seaside, but that's been cancelled from Z's schedule this year what with all the school district budget issues. I'm wondering if he'll take some time off for the new baby. It's not like I'm not going to have plenty of help with all the kids out of school, so this will be a different ballgame. He usually has Friday's off during the summer, so I think what I'll encourage him to do is take the kids and do something fun each weekend. I'll work them like crazy Monday through Thursday, and they can have their reward come Friday. Sounds good, doesn't it? Then I can have some quiet time in the house--just me and the baby.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Umm you forgot to mention that you are going to make cupcakes for your wonderful friends that are coming to see you in June. Oh I guess that wont officially be summer yet since the kids will still be in school when we get there.

Darilyn said...

Sounds like a fantastic plan!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...