Saturday, August 29, 2009

Poor T


(This is T on Thursday morning before anything had started)

T has been crying for two days now. He started out with a fever on Thursday. It has now developed into sores in his mouth. Funny, I had heard of a few cases of hand, foot, and mouth disease from a few of my facebook friends, but they live far away. As of this evening, I'm fairly sure that's what we're dealing with. I haven't seen any sores on his hands or feet, but they are definitely in his mouth, so I guess this could be a virus of some kind, but we'll see what develops in the next couple days. Q had something similar back when she was the same age as T, but she got it during the Thanksgiving holiday. Ugh! She couldn't eat a thing and was miserable and crying all day.

That's what we're dealing with now with T. A few months ago, I bought some Go-gurts and put them in the freezer with the thought of taking them on our trips with us this summer. I totally forgot about them. Today, they became a staple food for poor Mr. T. They soothed his poor mouth and didn't require his tongue to work much to help get them down.

My biggest concern is the fact that it could be shared with L. It takes about seven days to pass and just makes eating very difficult. We're washing our hands a lot and hoping for the best.

3 comments:

vaxhacker said...

Awwwww poor kid :(

Alyson said...

Oooh I hope L is spared! And that T feels better soon. <3

JoTapasa said...

Our household got a horrid case of that! Looks like canker sores galore in the mouth (maybe even on the tongue, too) nothing on hands and feet (NOT foot and mouth disease)... acute herpetic viral gingiovomastisis....getting an anti-viral medicineis super helpful...good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...