Sunday, January 10, 2010

Not Really Trying to Be Jerks...Well...Okay, So Maybe We Are


Church today was comical.  First of all, L has decided that she's a dancer.  The past few weeks I've had to take her out after the opening hymn because she wasn't done singing when everyone else was.  This week it was different.  As we sang, she swayed on my lap.



Q warned me this morning that a boy who likes her would be at our ward today and that he would probably sit with us.  I was okay with this, not a problem.  I like him.  He's a nice kid.  It's just that I don't want my daughter, who just turned 16 and just started dating to get stuck dating just one guy right off the bat.  He, on the other hand, I believe, wants to date her exclusively.

What I'm loving is G's response to all of this.  G stood at the chapel door today to hand out programs.  He stayed there until after the sacrament at which time he came and sat with our family.  When he came to our pew, I was sitting at the opposite end, I watched him sit down.  He climbed over the young man's legs and wedged himself between the young man and Q.  After we arrived home, I asked him what had happened.  G said, "I just said, 'Sorry.  No,' and sat down."  HILARIOUS!!!  That's just so G.  He just has his own quiet way of getting his message across.

No, Z doesn't need to get a shot gun.  We've got the tactics of a protective brother.  Can't beat that!

6 comments:

Alyson said...

LOL! Even little brothers are protective, huh? Don't mess with Q. G's got her back.

Tonya said...

Ha! Ha! That's awesome!!!

imbeingheldhostage said...

I love it! So much more civil than the shotgun my husband plans to carry around ;-)

vaxhacker said...

+1 for G :)

P4 said...

Can't believe your kids are old enough for all that, but I love love love that story! Way to go G!

Christy said...

G Rocks!!! Way to be the "big" little brother :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...