Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Some Sweet Things

Just a couple quick stories for you....

Yesterday DJ was home with a bad cough. We even had her sleep on a mattress on the floor of our bedroom I was so worried about her. I swear it was bronchitis. She had this a few times as a small child but hasn't in the past few years. I decided that I'd give it a day and take her to the doctor on Tuesday if it continued to sound that bad.

At about 1pm, DJ came upstairs where I was doing laundry and said, "Dad's on his way home to give me a blessing. I just called him."

Wow! All on her own. Looks like my daughter knows where to turn when the going gets tough. I was just so touched by this.

Z arrived home about fifteen minutes later. He gave her the blessing she needed. A fever developed about three hours later, and that was pretty much the last of it. I heard no coughing at all last night and the coughing I heard today has been very mild.



This morning, I found T sleeping in my bed between Z and I. A few minutes later, I realized I was STARVING (doctor says it's because the baby's going through a growth spurt--so that must mean I'm going through one too--oh JOY!, so I ran downstairs as quietly as I could (it being 6am) and poured myself a bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats and ate it quickly. I returned to the bedroom to find T sitting up in bed. I climbed in with the hopes of getting just a few more minutes of rest, but before I knew it, there was T looking lovingly into my eyes saying, "My mom" with the sweetest inflection I've ever heard. It melted my heart. Am I a pregnant sap or what?


Last story...

Q got a new CD. We were listening to it in the car yesterday. She told me that there was a song coming up that she wanted me to hear because it was written to the singer's mom. This morning, on my way to the doctor's office, I turned on the CD and that song came on. Being the pregnant sap that I am, I started to cry. As I pull into the parking lot, I'm wiping tears off of my cheeks. I had two thoughts as I listened. First, of how blessed I was to be raised by such a great woman and second, the thought that someday I'd like my daughters to think the same of me. What huge shoes I have to fill.



Here's the song:


7 comments:

Devri said...

What great little stories!!! And I have to say I love that song, probably cuz my daughter listens to it all day loonnggg!!

Patrick and Paige said...

what a great song. I sent it to my sister in law that is struggling with depression and I think she will love it. Thank you for sharing!!!

Darilyn said...

Hey, that's a good compliment from Q. You should use that one on that form we had to fill out for the 4th year hike.

Anonymous said...

i love that song!

Alyson said...

Aw! I'm sure your daughters—and sons—will revere you as you do your mom. You are made of awesome.

Glad DJ is better!

Belcher Family said...

That is a great song! I had never heard it before. And I'm not pregnant and I still cried! :)

Deanna said...

What a sweet thing for Q to say and share with you.

Julie, you are already so filling those big shoes; you're mom would be so proud :)

I'm not pregnant either, but it still made me cry.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...