Friday, April 17, 2009

The Party Van

I mentioned it briefly in a previous post, but we got ourselves a new vehicle that would fit our current family plus one. I have honestly NEVER seen our kids so excited about a car. They can't wait to go someplace. The thing is a monster. I figure it is symbolic of my giving in to living in a giant's world (it's about time).

For so many years, it's been us who have had to call and ask for rides places. When people have called us asking for rides, we have frequently had to turn them down. Well...not any more. It's been so fun to have people call us and ask us for rides this past week.

One of my friends, who has a son G's age, called the other day and asked if I could pick her son up today when I pick up G. The kids announced to all of their mutual friends yesterday that he was going to get to ride in the Hesses "party van."

The amazing thing is that although the thing is HUGE, it drives like a van. It has sensors in the front and rear bumpers, so I don't hit anything.

I posted this youtube link before, but this is the one we purchased.



If you ever need a ride, or just feel like partying with us in the party van, give us a call.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha! i love it! that thing is HUGE!
you need a license plate cover thing that says Big Mormon Wagon :)

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

I love it- it is a total party van! And now you can have an even 8 or 10 kids! lol. Just kidding...

Grace said...

Compared to the vans that auto makers made for bigger families even 10-15 years ago, this one looks much nicer. enjoy!

vaxhacker said...

Looks like a great van! Par-tay!

Anonymous said...

Ring Ring....Hello? Julie? Please come pick me up!! : D

I cannot wait to see this party van roll up in Seaside!! Wooohooo...

* said...

looks like a sweet ride. And the new car smell is an extra bonus!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...