Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter

This Sunday, I'm in charge of teaching the joint YW Easter lesson. I think this is the only joint lesson I teach all year. Somebody teaches all the YW (ages 12-18) once month. Just so happens that I get the Easter lesson this year. Tricky thing is, there is no Easter lesson outlined in the YW manuals, so I get to come up with it on my own.

Last night, when Z and I went out, I told him what I was doing (I've been working on this for the last three weeks), and I asked him if he had any input. He said it might be good if I mentioned the Atonment and the Resurrection. I said, "Hmm. What a good idea." He then said, "I might not do the Easter Bunny thing." I replied with, "That was just the angle I was going to take. You ruin all my fun." He's a great help. Oh, us, and our sarcasm.

I was originally going to show this video, but have since realized that I need to have an internet connection at the church to do so, so there goes that.



3 comments:

Patrick and Paige said...

I have always loved that song!!!!

vaxhacker said...

You can cache the video on your laptop so you can play it offline during the meeting.

JoTapasa said...

I am using some articles from "A Christ-centered EAster"...very much centered on the atonement and Resurrrection with applicable object lessons. I got mine at Deseret years ago. Just a friendly FYI if you have a chance to see that book. Very insightful...has age appropriate activities for the whole weel leading up to Easter Sunday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...