Monday, April 20, 2009

Out It All Goes


Today, a nesting woman's dream has come true. Each time I've been pregnant, I've started thinning things out in the house but because of limited garbage space, I've stopped myself short. A week from today, we start putting now flooring in our family room (because of the grape soda incident a few months ago). To save money on this venture, we've pulled out the old, stained carpet and the molding, and we have a lovely dumpster in front of our home.


As I sit here writing, my two oldest children are pulling things from the house and throwing them in the dumpster. I overheard them say something about a competition to see who could make the loudest thud as their item hits the bottom.


I am so excited to clean this place out! Nothing can stop me this time.


We also got rid of the sectional couch. One piece of it darkened our garage for two years and now the garage can be completely decluttered.


Now it seems that the biggest hang up for me will be all the paper that lies around. I need to redo our filing drawers and create a better system for those.

5 comments:

* said...

There's something about spring time that puts the cleaning and de-cluttering bug in us all. And the grape soda incident? that's probably another blog post entirely, hmmm? ;) Love the dumpster team logo pic!

Btw, found you on Mormon mommy blogs!

Patrick and Paige said...

If you are getting rid of any Baby or kid stuff, Please let me know. I am in the market for secondhand ANYTHING!!!!!I know you have one on the way, but I just thought I would pass along that I am looking:)
971-322-6060

Darilyn said...

I love getting rid of stuff it's so cleansing for some reason.

Alyson said...

I can't tell you how jealous I am. I've wanted to rent a dumpster since we bought this house. The chicken coop out back, aside from being a rickety structure, is still stuffed to the gills with things the previous owners left here. Maybe even the owners before them. And I could so get rid of things inside the house too...

Every year the city puts four semi-tractor-trailer-size-dumpsters around on a certain Saturday and lets us all use them collectively. We've gotten rid of a lot that way. But I'd still take a dumpster in front of my house today, if I could.

Lillian said...

Yay for decluttering! The dumpster method is far superior to the fiery method we employed. ;)

I HIGHLY recommend the very basic filing system of "Getting Things Done". If I have managed to implement nothing else from that system into my life, the filing was still the best thing ever. I know where everything is, and it's mind-blowingly simple.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...