Sunday, April 12, 2009

New Calling

After five years as 1st Counselor in Young Women, I was released today. I have been called as the new nursery leader. We have two nurserys in our ward, and I will be with the older group of kids. One of the other women whom I will work with is due with twins around the same time I am, so I'm going to have to find someone who'd be willing to sub for me during that time.

I'm very excited for this calling--comfy clothes, snacks, sit on the floor, take your shoes off, play, and more than anything else, hang out with little children who love you no matter how silly you act (actually, they love you for your goofiness). I am so up for this. Perfect with a little one on the way.

I will miss the young women terribly and hope they will still choose to have me in their lives.

Today was the joint lesson. Twenty four girls were there. I put symbols of the last few days of Christ's life in plastic eggs and scriptures that went with them in other eggs. There were twenty four eggs in all. I think it went pretty well. I felt the Spirit there, so I figure that in and of itself is a success.

7 comments:

Alyson said...

I'm so glad your lesson went well today!

And I'm also glad you're excited about the nursery calling. If I ran the church, I'd never let any pregnant woman be called into nursery, ever. Moms with 18MO kids, sure; but moms with babies, or moms about to have babies, no! And see? In your case, it would be the wrong choice. I suppose it's a good thing I don't run the church. ;)

Darilyn said...

You will be great in nursery and I'm sure those young women will miss you terribly.

Grace said...

it will be perfect with your new baby to care for and all...i have worked in the nursery 5 seperate times and each time i have loved it...those little teeny spirits are so precious...enjoy it! I hope you had a nice Easter

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

You will have no problem finding someone to hold your baby if need be--I only held Kathryn today in the mothers lounge when she was hungy- the rest of the time she was taken care of by someone who loves her. :o)

Jan said...

Good luck Julie. Leaving the YW's is so very difficult. They will be your friends forever though.

Tonya said...

I will choose to keep you in my life! I love you Julie and I will miss working with you in YW. You are so great with the girls and I admire you and your strong testimony. Happy Birthday!

* said...

Nursery is such a fun calling, one that you get to share in the snacks each and every week -- bonus!

I'm currently my ward's MM Advisor in YW and I'm loving it, but realize it won't last forever, either. Bloom where you're planted, right? ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...