Monday, April 13, 2009

Wow! What a Year!

Here's what my birthday cake looked like tonight. It was Baskin-Robbins chocolate mint chip with white cake. Yes, some days (very few, I'm grateful to say at this point in my life), but yes, some days, I do think I feel this age. Possibly more frequently in the next three months. We'll see.

So, here's me last year at this time, and here I am this year. Who would have ever thought I'd be looking like this now? In this past year, I lost 25 pounds just to gain it right back plus some. I'm glad to know that I'll be able to do it again. I think I'm more determined than ever to keep it off.

This has been a great year for getting back in touch with so many people who have been influential in my life. I've been loving this whole blogging thing and facebook has been nearly miraculous for one such as I, who is so bad at keeping in touch with people.

From April 13th 2008 to April 13th 2009, here are some important events that have occurred.

  • Had an amazing 40th birthday party.
  • Another wonderful year at Girls' Camp.
  • Had a great family reunion in Seaside in July.
  • A started Kindergarten.
  • Q started high school.
  • Lost 25 pounds and gained "lifetime" with Weight Watchers.
  • Got pregnant--expecting another girl (11 years since my last daughter was born).
  • Got a new calling.
  • Bought a new car.
  • Finished two classes and started another.
  • Z turned 40.
  • New washer and dryer (and dryer duct work).

    Here's what a year looks like:










2 comments:

Alyson said...

87—LOL! I totally want my candles on my next birthday cake to say 87 or something.

Cute pictures of T—a year made a huge difference to him, but not as huge (ahahaha, pun intended) a difference to you. Except the belly, of course. Which is GORGEOUS! Cute little Lachlan! I bet she'll even be cuter once she's external.

Thanks for pics! *hug*

vaxhacker said...

Happy Birthday, Julie!

So is the 87 random or is there some deep significance there?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...