I was just casually trying to catch up on some blog reading tonight. I try to go to those on my sidebar whenever I see there's an update, but things have been a little crazed lately, so I've been neglecting my sweet friends. As I'm reading, I happen upon my friend, Corinne's blog, and there's a post about how she's been awarded the "Stylish Blogger Award." I'm thinking, "Yes, very deserved." She did this post a couple weeks ago that I just can't get out of my mind. She's real and amazing and I love her.
So, I'm reading down her award post, and she's supposed to pass the award on to other people and who's there but your's truly. SHOCK! I LOVE reading her blog, but wow! She likes mine too?! I feel so loved. Thanks Corinne!
So here are the rules of this award (You know you can't just get an award, you've gotta earn it, right?):
The rules for the award are -
1. Link back the person who awarded you. Check!
2. Tell us 7 things about yourself.
Okay, here goes:
1. I'm having weird heart palpitations frequently lately. I dialed (is that the correct term these days since dial phones don't really exist any more?) the clinic three times yesterday but hung up after each time. I just don't want to go in. I've had these problems in each of my last four pregnancies (no, I'm not pregnant), and the doctors didn't seem too concerned. I only mention this because it's doing it right now, and it's making me a bit crazy. I will go in. I just need to do it, I know.
2. I recently decided that crab or ice cream (notice I don't say "and" because that would be gross) are no longer my favorite foods, but monster cookie dough is. Here's the recipe:
Linda's Monster Cookies
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a very large bowl, cream together the margarine, butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and rolled oats; stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in chocolate chips and candy-coated chocolate pieces. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are golden. If you like chewy cookies, take them out before they look done.
3. I have been a TOTAL slacker for the past two weeks-ish (mostly just this week) because I'm rebelling against the fact that my family can leave the house in the morning after they've left stuff laying everywhere and think I'm going to clean up after them. Dishes? Okay. Younger kids laundry? Okay. But I've even been rebelling against those. I'm talking S-L-A-C-K-E-R. Check the dictionary, you might just find my face next to the definition. SO would not be surprised.
4. I love the smell of old things. I inherited the trunk my great grandparents brought over to the U.S. when they immigrated in 1871, and darn! It STINKS good! I love to open it up just because of the old smell to it.
5. I am a stomach sleeper.
6. This is EXACTLY what my first car looked like (same color and everything--except not the pretty, sparkly wheels):
|Please try not to be too jealous.|
7. I, a few years ago, broke my leg. When people asked me how I did it, which was often, I had to confess that I broke it playing tag with a bunch of teenagers.
3. Award to 15 bloggers that you feel deserve the award.
Wow! How do I do this without offending? The blogs down my sidebar deserve the award. There are a couple who aren't listed there but should be. They deserve it too.
It's now super late, and I've got to get some rest, so I'll tell ya what I'm gonna do. I'm going to sleep on it, and tomorrow (probably in the afternoon or evening) I'll have the list of recipients for you. How's that for leaving you hanging?
4. Contact the recipients to let them know they've been awarded.
Thanks again Corinne!