Wednesday, July 23, 2008



I ran across a card that looked like this today. At the top it said, "Worn out. Play on." This was just the message I needed today. For some reason for most of the day, I was tired and grumpy. I felt like the shoes on the card.

The other day, our freezer was left open. Not everything had thawed, thankfully. We used that opportunity to defrost and clean out the rest of the freezer. One thing I pulled out was a 25 pound turkey. It was served this evening for dinner along with stuffing, rolls, corn, and scalloped potatoes. We called it Thanksgiving in July. This boosted my spirits a quite bit as I thought of the things I'm happy for at this part of the year (interestingly, a different list than I might give in November). The other thing that I think helped was that we didn't eat it alone. How grateful I am to have things to share. Tonight I'm going to sleep with a much better attitude.

1 comments:

Darilyn said...

I think we all need a Thanksgiving in July!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...