Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Brother the Storm Trooper

When I was about eight years old is when the Star Wars movies came out. We were total fans, my brothers and I. Our mom even made us costumes for Halloween. David and Matt used to take turns being Luke Skywalker, and I was ALWAYS Princess Leia (one of the benefits of being the only girl at home).

Well, my brother David has turned to the dark side. Not a fact that we admit readily. I belive he is the guy on the right in the photo below. He is part of the Cloud City Garrison with the 501st Legion. His nearly eight-year-old son is the jawa in the photo. They are a group of people who dress up in Star Wars costumes and go around to all kinds of service-oriented events.


While at the family reunion, Dave and Jacob dressed in their costumes, met up with a couple other guys in the group, and toured the city of Seaside. It was fun for all our kids to see their uncle and cousin dressed up, but hey didn't know it was them at first. They were surprised to see Star Wars characters emerge from our hotel.

1 comments:

vaxhacker said...

Huzzah for geeks with their own Star Wars costumes! I remember well when Star Wars came out, although I'm not sure how many times I went to see it (it seems like it played in theaters forever).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...