Friday, April 9, 2010

Shopping Success!

I did something I NEVER do yesterday.  I went shopping.  I don't mean grocery shopping.  I went clothes shopping. 

I bit the bullet and took the two kids who are home with me to Kohl's and I actually bought stuff for me.  Of course, shortly after changing into the first outfit, T announced that he had to "go potty," so I left everything except the purse and the kids--including my own clothes, and made a dash for the back of the store where the restrooms are.  I didn't know this fact, so I had to ask the ladies at the jewelry counter.  They noticed the tags hanging from the dress and yelled after me, "Cute outfit!"  I then knew I had a winner.

I'm taking half of the clothes back today, but I did end up with a jacket, a black sweater with 3/4 sleeves, a pair of gray pants, a shirt and a dress.  Oh, I also bought earrings to match the dress, two pair of expensive nylons (yah, like the expensive ones'll last longer than the cheap ones from the grocery store.  HaHa, but it's a nice thought), and I went to another store and bought two pairs of shoes.

Funniest thing...
I wore the shoes last night on my date with Z.  I kept complaining about my right shoe flipping off my heel.  Couldn't figure it out for the life of me.  So, this morning, I took a closer look at the shoes.  The shoe on the left is a size 7.  The one on the right, a 7 1/2. 

So, there's part of my reasoning for taking things back.  The other is that I didn't absolutely love everything I brought home.  I decided that life's too short to be stuck with clothes that I have convinced myself look good on me.  I worry that over time I won't wear them any more, and they'll just take up space in my closet.  So, I'm saving those things that I love and I know look good  on me.  Considering that for more than a year, I haven't been able to find ANYTHING that looked even remotely good on me, this is a good development.  I'll post pictures later, if I can get up my courage to do so.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that's the way to go with clothes. Only buy the ones that look you really like.

Cole Franke said...

I hear you clothes shopping for mommy almost never happens. You are very brave to take two to the store with you. :) Enjoyed your blog.

Nicole
http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/

Tonya said...

I wanna see your new stash!

So,when can I come and peek?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...