Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dread

There is one enormous drawback to having seven kids... 

When one is having a hard time, it's as if my whole world is falling apart.  Thankfully, it has been rare that more than one is struggling at a time--a tender mercy I'm sure. 

I have been silent recently because one of my kids is having a hard time.  I don't dare share any details at all, but my heart feels like it's breaking.  I've counseled and counseled with this child, but to no avail.  I have to let this child face the consequences for the choices being made, but it's killing me.  It's the old been there, done that, didn't like what followed scenario.  Ugh!  It would be so nice to go through life as if it were a field of daisies, but this is not why we're here, huh?  I keep reminding myself of that, but it's not helping much.  I have to remember that God is as aware of my children as much as He is of me, and that there are tender mercies to be had for my children too.  I just hate the feeling that my hands are tied.  I just need to trust that He will help take care of this situation.  All I can do is pray.

I had no idea I put my mother through these kinds of feelings when I was a kid.  Wow!  How sorry I am now.

3 comments:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

I;m sorry you are going through this. Why did we want to be Mom's again? Really-- why? Hang in there friend. You just keep doing what you are doing and all will be well.

Tonya said...

I once heard a quote that I haven't forgotten, "You are only as happy as your saddest child." I know it true for me. I think most Mom's feel this way when their kids are having a tough time. I'm sorry you are feeling sad and worried. You have such an amazing testimony of faith and I know that Heavenly Father is so aware of you and your children. I also know that you are one of the best Mom's that I know. Everything will be O.K.

vaxhacker said...

I'm sorry you're having to feel the heartache of this, even though we all know it's an inevitable part of growing up and being a parent. And, (un?)fortunately, I know all too well what that heartache feels like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...