Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fifteen Hours


While we were stuck in the traffic jam on the highway home from the beach, Z gave Q a bit of an assignment. I'm learning that timing is EVERYTHING. Her challenge is to create fifteen hours worth of music to burn onto CDs for our two trips this summer. Welllllll.....finals week is coming up for her. Do you think she wants to study? The CDs don't need to be done until the end of July, but you know, what you want to do almost always rules out over what you need to do, so....

To help us out, what are some of your favorite songs that you'd like to listen to on a major road trip?
In regard to the photo at the top of the post--that's gonna be me. You're just lucky you won't be able to see what's going on inside the vehicle:
"Maaaahm. He's touching me!" "T stinks! Will you change him?!" "Isn't there anything to eat? I'm STARVING!" "I gotta go!" Crying infant that needs to be fed (and changed) as soon as we hit the next rest stop.
I know you're gonna want to be along for this ride. Don't be too jealous.

3 comments:

CB said...

You are having a baby in 41 days - WOW!! It is going to be a couple of crazy car trips with your brood - but OH SO MUCH FUN!! I always loved taking new babies on trips - they are easier than the teenagers!!

One year my daughter burned a CD of favorite Disney songs and we had a blast singing those in the car. Everyone knows them, everyone loves them and it is so fun to be traveling down the highway singing those beloved songs at the top of your lungs! A favorite was Hakuna Matata :)

Alyson said...

This is why I heart iPods—I have multiple playlists of songs I love that are hours long; and we also have five other iPods in the car with their playlists of good songs. But I certainly remember the days when preparing for a road trip meant burning CDs!

Chris and Hay said...

Family road trips=Disney songs for my family! If you need to borrow any of the CD's just give me a call! Some of my favorite family memories are singing Hercules, Goofy Movie and Anastasia at the top of our lungs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...