Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I Know....Whine. Whine. Whine.

I carried all of my boys super low. So much so that when I found out T was a boy at the ultrasound, I stopped bending for any reason. My kids were my benders. If something fell on the floor, there it stayed until some child or other came along to pick it up.

The night before Lachlan's ultrasound, we had an open house in our home. As I went to bed that night, I found an unusual pain in my ribs. Now, you have to understand, I have a strange rib cage--one half is dominant, the other recessive. The right side is normal; the left side bends in like it's dented. My boys hadn't created this pain for me until they were seven or eight months along. We joke around that A had his feet in my ribs for the last month or so. When he was born, the toes on his left foot were blue with bruises, so it makes me wonder, could that really have been true? I don't see how it could've been, but it sure felt like it.

I should have known from the pain in the ribs with Lachlan that this was not the usual sign of a boy.

Here at 35 weeks, Lachlan resides in my rib cage. She has taken up residence and at this point, there is no sign that she's coming out. She pushes on my diaphragm and makes it hard to breathe. My heart races a good part of the time. I just pray that she drops soon.

I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon. I don't think there's anything they can say or do that can alleviate this situation, but about a month from now she'll be out and life will be good.

2 comments:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Whine on sista! Whine, whine, whine- I will always listen to you. That rib pain is wretched-- really the whole last month is just a lesson on enduring... I would lay down for a nap and I would get up with uiimaginable pain on the side I was resting on. Just imgaine though in one month you will be kissing the nape of her neck... her fingers will grasp yours... her little feet now straigtening out your ribs will be pushing on you from the OUTSIDE!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Yes, I agree. It's okay to whine! I'm so sorry about this pain you have having. It is so uncomfortable for those last few weeks even if you DON'T have a dodgy rib cage! I remember constantly trying to push down one of the twin's heads with my hand out from under my left ribs! When the babies were being delivered by c-section, even though I couldn't see what was going on, I could IMMEDIATELY feel that one baby was out because I could breathe again!~ What a feeling! Your day will come soon and it will seem as though this was all a dream. But for now, hang in there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...