Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Yesterday's Craft

Yesterday afternoon, Q and I started in on the burp cloths for Lachlan. Here's a couple photos for you:


When I first decided on doing this a few weeks ago, I was just going to put ribbon down the seams of the cloth diapers; yesterday, Q went ahead with that plan, but I decided that I'd try something a little bit different. I took a bunch of scrap fabric, ironed down a 1/4" on either edge as a seam allowance, pinned them on the cloth diapers and sewed them down.

On the first one , I missed part of the fabric on the back, so I learned that I had to pin through all the layers and then sew in a little less than 1/4". DJ had been looking for something to hand sew, so she sewed down my error. Glad I could provide her with something to do. We made thirteen burp cloths altogether.

Wow! I'm feeling so industrious. Too bad nesting comes to a screeching halt and sleep deprivation kicks in. Ah well, use it while I've got it, I guess.

Oh yah, one thing that I thought was fun was that the cloth in the lower photo is scrap fabric from the nursing cover I made a few weeks ago. It was great to be able to use that again. I think it's so clean and cheerful.

2 comments:

Patrick and Paige said...

did you know I make baby products? You can check out my website for ideas or just to look. Let me know if you want anything or any fabric. www.cozycloth.blogspot.com

Alyson said...

Adorable! So ingenious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...