Friday, June 12, 2009

Trying to Rise Above It

Went and had a short ultrasound today to check to be sure there was enough fluid for Lachlan to exist in. Looks like we're doing just fine. I also had a non-stress test, so I got to hear her heartbeat for 30 minutes. Everything sounded fine there too.

During the ultrasound, we watched her practice breathing. They told me that if she did it for 30 seconds it was a sign of fetal wellness. This made me feel good.

The only downside of this appointment was that I got to visit with a doctor that wasn't mine and very clearly had NO bedside manner. He told me not to worry about the group B strep thing that 1 in 8 women have it and only 1 child in 1000 dies from it. Okay, so sounds good, huh? Then, he went on from there. He explained that his only concerns were my age (which last time I checked, I can't help) and the number of children I've had. He told me that the chance of stillbirth was quite common for women my age and that the chance of my uterus hemorrhaging was much higher with induction after as many kids as I've had. I am grateful that I'll never have to see this doctor again, but for now, I need to make peace with what he told me today.

I am thankful to have seen Lachlan today. It gave me hope. Again, I'm hanging onto the blessings I've received and the impressions I've had as I've prayed.

6 comments:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Ugh! I think with this one I held my breath until she came out all perfect and scowling. Being my last pregnancy and how I was able to get pregnant I was worried it was just too good to be true. I know you *know* she will be perfect and wonderful and amazing, but now thanks to some understanding doctor(not) you have to think the unthinkable. Drs like that shouldn't see the public. Hang in there Momma-- I can not wait to meet this sweet baby.

Alesha said...

You have come this far and the Lord really wanted that sweet little girl to come and be a part of the wonderful Hess family. You have said in the past that Heavenly Father wanted you to bring this little spirit to this world for some reason, and so He is going to make it happen. I am so happy for you and your family to have another little girl in your family. Those girls are so sweet in so many ways (I should know, right?). Almost there!!!

Breezy said...

I can't stand when doctors have no bedside manner. I have had many like mine this time who told me with regards to weight "well when you start so high" Yeah thanks. Lachlan will be fine you are the perfect vessel for bringing her into this world. We're anxiously awaiting her arrival.

vaxhacker said...

Ugh. I guess having a bedside manner isn't covered on the board exam. Then again, maybe Dr. House is his role model? (Although I'm a bit of a Hugh Laurie fan, but I digress.)

Hang on though, you're young and healthy and doing fine so far, and in the home run stretch here.

Rory Baxter said...

you poor thing, doctors like that are just so unbelievable!You just want to slug them. Thankfully you wont need to see him again, although if I were you, I would make mention of it to your regular dr - one voice can make a change for others...
Your little missy is going to be so perfect, and pink, and healthy. You are going to LOVE having a little girl in the house again! BTW we have TONS more clothes for you and our saucer chair if you want it. I will send a note your way soon -k-
Try to do the best you can every day -k- and know that you are loved tons!

Devri said...

Stupid doc, trust your own instincts.. she we'll come out when she is ready, and she will be healthy and beautiful!

don't worry, look how many I have had, and no hemmorrgaging for me!

you'll do great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...