Tuesday, June 16, 2009

One Spoiled Woman


Maybe I should change the name of my blog. I mean really, could life be any better than it is right now? Yah, I'm the size of a house, but it's all good.

Today I'm full term, so this baby could arrive any time, and I'd be okay with it. I haven't finished my last paper for this class I'm taking, but to be real, I have a year to finish a course, and I've come this far since the end of April, so I'll get it done today and then save the midterm and final for after the baby comes. Come to think of it, I could wait until next April to take it; I won't, but it's nice to know that I can wait until the adjustment's been made.

I went to the hospital at midnight night before last. It was so nice to be able to just wake Q up and have her sleep in our room next to the phone. I wasn't in labor but was in some MAJOR pain on the left side of my abdomen. I still don't know what was going on; the pain had subsided by the time I got there. So they just monitored the baby, and she was doing fine, so they sent me home.

I think I'm pretty good with pain (having had four of my six children without an epidural--man, was I an idiot!), so this was pretty BAD. Z was so sweet. Because of my pain tolerance, I have never required much of him, but he really kicked the compassion into high gear that night. I feel so blessed to have him. Man, did I make a great choice all those years ago!

Yesterday was fairly heavenly, the kids played and were each others' entertainment. Everybody did their house jobs without complaint. DJ made cookies. Q and I sewed. I got G into the sewing act too as he didn't have his receiving blanket to me by the time I was sewing the edges, so he got to do his own. I read to or with each of the kids--even Q and G while they were doing stuff on the computer late last night got to hear me read "The Black Cauldron."
(Here are the books we're reading)

This morning, I found that T had ventured into our room again at some point last night. Nice that he comes in quietly, so I don't know he's there. He even brought his own pillow, so I ended up having both of mine all night. Z woke me for prayer at 7am before he left, but I went back to sleep until the kids woke up at 8:15. Ahhhh!

So, here I sit blogging my little heart out while they play basketball outside. You see, I am one spoiled woman. Can life get any better than this?

3 comments:

Miss Daisy/Tink said...

Wahoo! It's getting so close! Hard to believe! Looks like you're reading some cute books! Love the new look of your blog! Fun-fun~!

Anonymous said...

I hope you waved at us across the Gorge!

Alyson said...

I'm trying to decide if I'm glad that trip to the hospital wasn't eventful?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...