Saturday, June 6, 2009

The List - Revisited

A friend, who posted a to-do list on her blog commented that she was sure no one was interested in her list. I hope you don't take this as me being rude, but I don't care. I know that if you're not interested, you'll just pass over my dumb list, but since I use this blog as a journal of sorts, the list is for my own benefit.

A few weeks back, I created a list of things to do before the baby arrives. Here's the update.

Here are the things I have to do:

  • DONE - get an Anne Frank costume for DJ's report at school.
  • finish L's blanket (just cutting the last stray pieces of yarn after securing them) - this'll only take me about an hour to do, so why do I just not do it?
  • DONE - one last week of tutoring A for my Teaching Children to Read course
  • DONE - a final for this course
  • three more chapters in my Family Processes class
  • one midterm and a final/one midterm - DONE
  • DONE - finish up the family reunion plans (just a matter of making sure everyone knows their assignments)
  • IN PROCESS - figuring out food with my mother-by-marriage for our August family reunion.
  • IN PROCESS - continual loads of laundry
  • DONE? -finish cleaning out the garage
  • DONE - plant the garden (mostly oversee the fam as they do this)
  • get carpets cleaned
  • write a bunch of thank you notes
  • DONE - go get a boppy
  • DONE - find a basketball hoop for the backyard
  • finish reorganizing the file drawer
  • DONE - opt out of the fifth-grade party I so foolishly signed up to help for when I was much less pregnant.

I now need to add a few more things:

  • Finish burp cloth edging and ribbons
  • Cut out, have kids decorate, and finish receiving blankets
  • Read Tuck Everlasting with DJ
  • Read The Black Cauldron
  • Get baby stuff organized
  • Sew and tie silky blanket

I now have 24 days to get all this done. I just keep thinking of more to do. Does anybody else do this craziness, or is it just proof that I belong in the Madhouse?

3 comments:

vaxhacker said...

I've come to realize that if you're going to blog at all, you can't get too caught up on the anxiety of whether, or which, or how many, of your friends are following all the details of your life. Because really, they probably are if they're really your friends, but almost certainly not to the extent, or about the same details, you'd predict or expect, and in all likelihood they're reading it more than you think they are because usually all you have to go by are visitor counters (which often miss people) and comments (which most people don't leave). I know I've had twinges of that a few times on my blogger blog (since it appears only you and 2 other people are interested in reading my blogger site, or are very quietly lurking, compared to all the activity I'm used to on my LJ blog. In that situation you can either get discouraged or feel out of step with the group in some way, or you can just say "I'm doing this for my own memories and self-expression and I'll just sing and dance to my own tune whether anyone joins along or not.")

So, really, just sitting back, relaxing and journaling your thoughts in your own space whether or not another soul in the world is reading, is what I found to be the best idea for me, anyway. And it's always a happy surprise when someone speaks up and says that some of the insane or inane ramblings of mine were actually interesting or helpful to them in some way.

That said, I have enjoyed sharing the part of your journey you've shared with us all here, and have to say, that's quite a list to accomplish in that time, under those circumstances. I'm impressed at how you've tackled it all.

CB said...

I am totally with you! I make lists like this too. You just have to if you want to get everything done, especially when there is a big happening like a.....Baby coming along!!

Glad you ARE getting things done - I bet that feels great!

Alyson said...

Let's all sing the nesting song! *music notes* "Nesting is cleaning, nesting is organizing, Julieeeeee is nestiiiiiing..."

Good luck with it. You'll just rip that list to smithereens, with the help of your crew. Go go go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...