Friday, December 11, 2009

What in the World is Going On?!

I found the brother of an old friend on facebook today. He was listed as an alum of my elementary school. I sent him a message asking him if his sister was on facebook. After asking, somehow, and I honestly don't know how, ended up at his blog. Here is what I found--this is my friend Julie. This makes me sad. I wish I knew what happened.

One little story about Julie. When we were in fourth grade, I went to her house after school one day. We decided to ride bikes. I borrowed one from her garage, and she rode hers, and we headed for the tallest hill in the Lynnridge neighborhood. We started down going as fast as we could. After only a short distance, it was clear, as my front tired started wobbling uncontrollably, that my bike's front tire was flat, and I had a choice--continue down the hill and crash into the house we were heading toward, or somehow steer to the curb. It was also at this point that I learned that the brakes didn't work. Regardless, I chose the curb. By the end of this story, I was a bloody mess.

Julie's mom was a nurse. I don't remember how I got back to Julie's house, but I remember laying on a bed in her house and hearing her mom call my mom and report that my pupils were "equal and reactive." I just remember to this day how funny I thought that was. I didn't realize my pupils were anything. I had never considered them that important before.

I am sad to see that Julie is gone.

1 comments:

Darilyn said...

Wow, that is not the type of thing you want to see when you happen upon a blog of someone you know. That is very sad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...