Sunday, December 6, 2009

Whew!

I did it! Scared as I was, I did it. Senior Primary went much better than junior Primary. I got dressed up as Mary. I even got to go barefooted--my favorite way to be. I put L in a big pillowcase with her head sticking out and wrapped the excess around her.

She was so sweet during the first time around, but the second time around (my better time), she was worn out and cried a good part of the time I was singing. I thought for sure once she heard the music she'd stop, but I was wrong.

One of my dearest friends was sitting in the back during senior Primary. I looked back at her right as I finished singing, and she was wiping her red eyes. I was so relieved that I hadn't looked back at her while I was singing.

It was a good experience. Our Relief Society president just had a baby on Monday--a little boy, and she has a GORGEOUS voice. Last night, as I went to bed, I thought of how wonderful it would be to have her do this, but I was grateful to do it. Definitely not as beautiful experience as it could have been with her doing it, but maybe this was just something I needed to do. I'm much more an ensemble kind of singer, so I needed to prove to myself that I could get up in front of a group of people and sing all by myself--something I never do.

7 comments:

Ben and Heidi said...

You're awesome Julie! I bet it was amazing. Wish I could have seen it.

Devri said...

I bet is was wonderful.. Great job concoring your fears.. Now- can you work on mine? please :D

Nikia, May and da kids said...

I'm sure you did splendid or they wouldn't have requested you to sing for the Primary. How brave and what a sweet memory for you.

May

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you! Hey, I saw you in your Hess Clan van on Thursday as I was heading to Lake Oswego for a session. It was fun to see you as you were getting onto 217....keep that halo polished!

Alyson said...

Aw, good job. I bet it was amazing for the kiddles to behold.

Tonya said...

I'm glad you made it through! So next, a solo in Sacrament meeting?

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been in their, but was glad to fill in in nursery. And I heard it was wonderful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...