Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 28- A Picture of Me from Last Year and Now, How I Have Changed Since Then

2010
2011
  • Physically, I am down at least 10 pounds since last year.  
  • After all the Sunset High School and BYU games I went and socialized my way through, I finally understand the rules of football.
  • I have been entrusted with my ward's Primary organization, which is both scary and rewarding.  The Warden say as a leader I have "grown leaps and bounds."  I'm sure there are a lot of people who would disagree; yours truly included.
  • I am continuing to learn that so much of life is just plain attitude.
  • I have decided that I'm better in print than in person.  Is that bad to say?  But, I really believe that's true.
  • I have learned to give others the benefit of the doubt and not suspect so quickly that someone's out to get me and make me unhappy.
  • I have learned to forgive a little bit more.
  • I have learned to do statistics and have become a lot more jaded in regard to accepting statistics on a day-to-day basis.
  • My kids say I'm less stressed out and that I like to tease them more.
  • I guess I've learned to laugh at life a bit more.  To those of you, like my friend in high school, who thought that I already laughed at life too much, that might be a bit scary, but this is coming from my kids.  I, as a rule, take home and family very seriously.
  • Chores for my kids have gotten  a lot more hard core and organized.
  • The Warden says I'm a much better multi-tasker--watch out!
  • Inmate #3 says I eat healthier.
  • She also says I'm more organized.  She's deluded, but it's nice that she thinks so.  That gives me something to strive for.  Honestly, this is the thing I'd love to be and am continually working on.
  • Crockpot cooking has been a plus in our house as has couponing.
  • I have learned to relinquish control of many things and delegate better.  I have allowed the Warden more of a role as father.  I'm embarrassed at how I was before, but it was necessary at the time.  My mother by marriage, years ago, when we were expecting Inmate #2 told me that of course the Warden would be okay with another because I did all the work.  I love to watch him and his interactions with Inmate #7.  It's really that before now, he's had a lot of weight placed on his shoulders with work and church.  The church part has eased up quite a bit, so I've been taken out of the supporting role.  I held down the fort while he served.  It's nice to have things a bit easier on both of us.
  • I have become a much more organized student.
  • I feel like my good habits are increasing at a faster rate than my bad habits. This is a trend I'm hoping continues.
Nice to know that even at my age, change is still possible.

3 comments:

Alyson said...

Chores for my kids have gotten a lot more hard core and organized.

Remember when you sent me a Microsoft Excel document? I would love love love to see how that has evolved, from then to now. I was just thinking yesterday that it is time to revise mine. Will you share?

Jen said...

You have a LOT on your plate and so if you can laugh more with your kids, that is a huge BONUS. My family often tells me I'm too serious. Yes, I agree. I need to lighten up more. I hope to follow your example. I don't know how you do it: going to school, church calling (busy one at that), having small children, household chores, etc., would be all overwhelming to me. So kudos to you, my friend! I'm impressed. Oh, and I like your hair like that. I'm partial to short hair (as you can tell from my photo).

Hesses Madhouse said...

@Alyson - I remember sharing something, but I don't recall what it was.
I think as far as "hard core" goes, we've just become super consistent.

@Jen - I LOVE your hair. It makes your eyes "pop!" So, thanks for the compliment.
Some days are better than others, you know. It's just always a little bit crazy, and it helps that I'm spastic--can't stand still.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...