Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Reading Update

I finished reading Maximum Ride last night.  I really enjoyed it.  I like books that I can relate to, but in this case, there wasn't one character I felt was "me."  The characters were my kids.  Just like Inmate #1 told me, Max is her.  No question.  I spoke with #1 about this last night, and she shared with me that her friends had told her that the main character in the next book I'm reading is her as well.  Should be interesting.

The next book is The Hunger Games.  I think nearly everyone I know has read this one.  I, on the other hand, had to have a class to make me slow down to read something enjoyable.  I've heard The Hunger Games is hard to put down and that the rest of the series beckons you after you finish the first book.  I am telling you now, I'm stopping at book one.  Too much else to read for this class.

Today is the day I take #s 6 and 7 to the library, so hopefully there'll be a copy for me.

2 comments:

P4 said...

If you can read the first Hunger Games book without reading the next two, you are one strong woman. Good luck with that!

Jen said...

I read the Hunger Games, too, for our book club. It's totally gripping and fascinating. I read book 2, but haven't read the 3rd one yet. Good luck in finding a copy at the library! LOL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...