Saturday, January 29, 2011

Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister

Well, I didn't get my hands on The Hunger Games in time--my own fault, and my forgetful brain, but in searching for books to read, I ran across Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire.  In reading the synopsis, I was more than intrigued.  I checked it out from the library and started reading it yesterday.

I LOVE it!

Needless to say, it's the Cinderella story written from the viewpoint of one of the ugly stepsisters.  I'm only 100 pages in at this point, but I'm glad for this decision.

Gregory Maguire is the author who wrote Wicked.  According to Inmate #1, who reads like there's no tomorrow, there are a number of off-color things in that book.  This book is similar.  It's not a matter of bad words and language spewed out.  It's a man who comes in boasting about his manhood publicly.  Was I shocked and dismayed at it?  No.  It was written in a very humorous, but intelligent way.  The wording alone in this book makes it worth reading.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...