Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Breakfast Casserole

I shared this link in my last post.  It ended up so good, but I changed it so much it doesn't resemble that link any more, so here's the recipe for you. 

In place of the cheese, I put this:


I got it with a coupon.  I wasn't sure what I was going to use it for, but it made this SO GOOD!

Ingredients

  • 1 pkg. frozen shredded O'Brien hash browns with onions and peppers
  • 1 pound ground pork sausage
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 pkg. Philadelphia Italian cheese and herb cooking cream
  • 12 eggs, lightly beaten

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
  2. Cook and stir sausage in a medium saucepan over medium heat until evenly browned; drain.
  3. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir hash browns into saucepan, and cook until potatoes are browned and onion is tender, about 10 minutes. Place potatoes in the prepared baking dish. Cover with sausage. Spoon cooking cream over and top with eggs.
  4. Bake 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until eggs are fully cooked.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...