Sunday, April 17, 2011

Relieved

I just have to post one little detail that meant more to me than anything about the Mother of the Year gala.  I will post more details later.  This is totally unrelated to the festivities of the night, so I hope you'll just indulge me for a minute.

When all was said and done, they took us all over to have our pictures taken.  As I walked away from those I was talking to to head over to the photographer, a man I'd never seen before walked up to me.  He said, "You served in Sendai, didn't you?"  I responded with a yes.  Not sure how he knew.  He said, "So did I.  Have you been really down lately?"  I replied, "Oh, yes."  His reply, "Me too."

Instant bond with the man I've never meant before.  I know no one in my area that served there.  Just knowing there was a face-to-face person who felt similarly to me meant more to me than I can say.  Such a small thing.  We had the chance to talk about the places we served and the people we knew for only a few moments, but just that much relieved my sadness so profoundly.

I am grateful for yet another tender mercy.  So glad there's Someone who knows my heart so well.

5 comments:

Janiece said...

love ya, and I am sure you looked amazing!

Lia London, author said...

Y'know....I think missions are a little like military service in terms of the bonds of camaraderie that form. Even if you didn't serve at the same time, if you served in the same sphere of influence, there is a feeling of "I know what you know, and you know what I know about those people." Experiences like that leave a mark on your very being, and when someone else has the same mark... It's a bond.

Lena Baron said...

So very Precious! It reminds me of one of the books I am reading called Seventeen Second Miracles By Jason Wright. So glad you were blessed with one! And I look forward to hearing more about your special day.:)

Corinne Ritz said...

I wish so bad I could've gone. I've been to the convention in the past. Jeanne Card is in my ward, and she made sure I knew about it. I was really wanting to go, but I had a concert that night. Bummer.

vaxhacker said...

very cool.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...