Saturday, April 9, 2011

Working Up Some Courage

Got the info for the Mother of the Year gala.  Oh my goodness!  That alone will be a challenge.  I have get to walk up in front of everybody with the Warden while they read my bio and show the pictures on a big screen.  I'll be bawling out of sheer nervousness.  I, then, have to turn around and look at the audience (ya right--I really am a VERY shy person; although most people wouldn't believe that).  Then, the Warden'll return to his seat at his table, and I'll be sitting up in front.  YIKES!  They're yanking my security blanket right out from under me.


I CAN do this.  I CAN do this.  I CAN...

6 comments:

Julia Shinkle said...

Remember the Brady Bunch episode where Marsha (sp?) was encouraged to imagine everyone in there underwear while she gave a speech...I think if take that approach you will be fine. And you will be fine you are awesome!

Crazymamaof6 said...

You'll do awesome. Fake it til you make it! It's no different than bearing your testimony.

Kati said...

You will do great! Can't wait to hear all about it!

vaxhacker said...

I have no doubt that you will fret and stress over this up until the moment of truth, but when needed, all the courage you require will be there for you.

John said...

I bet you'll be amazing! You write with such confidence and humor.

Me...I would flee town...

cj said...

Looking forward to hearing all about it and seeing pictures! You will do fine; I have absolutely no doubt in my mind. Hugs, cj

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...