Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Couple of Food Tips

#7, as I was doing dishes, found a chair, pulled it over to the counter and climbed up, so I gave her a frying pan and a scrubber.  She's sitting here next to me making that pan shine like never before, so I have a few seconds to post a couple of things.....

First, breakfast every morning lately has been oatmeal.  The kids BEG for it.  My kids like oatmeal anyway, but a couple days ago, along with some brown sugar and milk, I sprinkled in a bit of pumpkin pie spice.  It's now referred to as "Mom's Special Oatmeal."  Anyway, give it a try next time you do oatmeal.  It's SO YUMMY!

Okay, now for a confession.  I failed miserably on the pasta salad last night.  I don't mean it turned out nasty or anything. I just mean I completely ran out of time.  I had to get over to the meeting with the band teacher and then a cross country meet followed by pack meeting.  It was one of those busy nights.

I should have followed my instinct to make it early in the day, but I didn't, so the Warden threw it together.  He came home from pack meeting a bit early because once my kids start running around the gym, we're done.

The Warden threw in some zucchini and some yellow squash--maybe the last of this year's garden.  He cut up some ham and onions and for the sauce, he used what was left of some Kraft Honey Dijon Vinaigrette dressing and marinade.  Oh WOW!  It was SO GOOD!  I highly recommend it.

There, now back to my shiny pan and very wet little girl.  She's having a BLAST!  I really don't want to break up the fun.

1 comments:

LeAnn said...

Sweet and fun post; I can tell you are enjoying your moments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...