Thursday, October 20, 2011

Zaycon

Have you tried this company?  I'm TRULY astounded.

A couple months ago I received an email from a very dear friend about buying meat through Zaycon Foods and what a great experience it was, so I decided to check it out.

They have "events" in which you can buy beef, chicken, bacon, etc. at AMAZING prices.  They send you an email when their events are coming up, so you can preview it and then they send you another one when you can order.

You order whatever it is.  For example, I just bought chicken for $1.49/lb.  I think I'm getting a deal when it's $1.99, so I was ecstatic.  These are fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts that are individually wrapped.

So, I have to confess here.  One of my BIGGEST problems with having dinner ready for my family is that I base a lot of my meals around the main dish, which more often than not, includes meat.  When we run out of meat, I'm sunk.

With Zaycon, you buy whatever it is you're buying in cases.  I bought 2 cases of chicken breasts.  Each case has 40 lbs. of chicken in it.  Let's just say our family is set for awhile.  I'm feeling SO HAPPY about this prospect.

With the envelope system, I weighed things very carefully financially and figured because I paid for this last month, I will have more money to buy other items for the next number of months.  Chicken won't be on my shopping list.

So, the catch is that you have to go pick up your order.  They bring it to a location (they have A LOT of locations) in a refrigerated truck, you tell them who you are, and they give you your order.  SO EASY!  I opened the side door of the beast, a guy came out with plastic to cover my seat with, brought out two boxes (about the size of a case of paper) and put them on the plastic.

I'm not one to push a company on anyone, but honestly, I was SUPER impressed by this.  If you're interested, here's a link for you.

I will tell you one thing, though, the events sell out quickly, so you have to act fast.

1 comments:

Janiece said...

I get their event emails, but I have never purchased anything from them.
I was glad you did a review about them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...