Sunday, February 20, 2011

Homemade Waffles with Pumpkin Pie Syrup

Got a bit adventurous this morning.  We had waffles:

Waffles
3 1/2 C. flour
4 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. baking powder
4 eggs
3 1/2 C. milk
1 C. oil
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl.  Slightly beat the eggs in another bowl and add the milk, oil and vanilla.  Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir just until all is moist.  The batter will be lumpy.  Cook in a waffle iron.  Should make about 16 waffles, but it depends on the size of your iron.


I have posted this syrup recipe before, and I really lean on what I've put in this blog to find my recipes, but my search thingy doesn't work (very frustrating), so I couldn't find it.  If anyone knows how to change my setting so it'll work, please advise.  Anyway, I LOVE this syrup recipe.  Very easy and oh, so yummy!  It's really a cinnamon syrup, but today I put in pumpkin pie spice instead, so thus the title of this post.

Cinnamon Syrup
1 C. sugar
1 C. brown sugar
4 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice (I also bought apple pie spice, I'm thinking that might be fun to have on top of some apple waffles or put some apples in the syrup and cook them just until they're a bit soft)
2 tsp. vanilla
2 C. water

Stir all together in a saucepan over heat.  Cook to a boil and keep stirring until thickened.

Oh SOOOO yummy!  Enjoy!

1 comments:

Hesses Madhouse said...

BTW...this syrup is AMAZING on French Toast.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...