Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pock Mark

Today was a socially awkward day.  If you are a close facebook friend of mine, you know why.  I don't want to go too much into detail about what was going on...because, honestly, I don't know what was going on myself.  

 

I just want to go so far as to say that I learned the value of keeping things positive.  Usually, on facebook, I find that, when I'm online, there is a continual stream of comments or some kind of communication. After a negative comment that was completely out of the blue, there was complete silence--for hours.  Wow!  Very awkward pregnant pause.  It was like having social leprosy.


I think there's enough negative to be had everywhere we look.  I try to go at any online situation in a positive vein. There is good to be found in everything too.  I think my friends, who are also, for the most part, positive people, didn't quite know how to respond to this.

 

To those of my friends, especially Deena who followed it up with positives, I cannot tell you how much I valued your comments and support.  Thank you!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

If I had been online I probably would have said something. But seeing as I am not on facebook as much as I used to be since I got a job!! :) Thinking of you always. HUGS!!

vaxhacker said...

I thought it was... pretty random... and not obviously connected to anything going on. Do you at least know what prompted it? I hope the individual works out whatever was making them unhappy, but it was puzzling.

Still, things like that happen, especially on the internet, I wouldn't take it personally if you were just caught in the crossfire of someone else's personal struggle.

Hesses Madhouse said...

I have no clue as to what happened. Another individual called me today as she had received a similar phone message. I believe it to be a crossfire kind of situation. Not sure why it wasn't sent as a private message. The last conversation I had had with this person was friendly, or so I thought. Very out of the blue and confusing. A manipulation tactic? I'm really not sure. Definitely bizarre.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...