Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Girlfriends

I, who used to be a mover and a shaker, am now a hermit--a house mouse.  I prefer to be home.  I prefer to have the quiet of my own surroundings.  To be honest, I've come so I don't trust my social self.  I either dominate the conversation or sit too quietly, but either way, I get home and mentally beat myself up for doing the wrong thing.  I've gotten better over time, but that's the truth.  Am I sharing too much?

Over the past years as a blogger, I've adopted a whole new group of friends.  They have been loving and supportive.  They've commented on posts and given opinions and much needed advice.  I really enjoy these women.  Someday, I'd love to meet them in real life, but then I'd just beat myself up about not being fun enough or witty enough or smart enough or anything they really thought I was.

I guess what I leave here on my blog is me.  But when I run the conversation, like I do here, I do it my way.  It's kind of like knowing what lies inside me.

Anyway, today I got to thinking how much I love reading what they have to say, and how much I appreciate what I've learned from them.   So, I want to introduce you to a few of my friends...

Devri
Jen
Merrianne
Jen
Julie

I hope you get a chance to know them too.  They're wonderful women.  Thanks for all you've shared with me--the hermit.

2 comments:

Julia Shinkle said...

Hey there, I just sent you an e-mail : )

Anonymous said...

I myself am an intro-extrovert :) There are times we are magnified and full of life and times the wall flowers are the envy of our eye. True friends love you for it all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...