Thursday, February 3, 2011

Twos at Nineteen-Months

A friend once told me that the terrible twos begin at 18-months.  When this was said, I was a mom to two.  They never went through the terrible twos, so I didn't believe it.  They hit the terrible two kinds of behaviors at four.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with anything, but there have been three of my children who never went through terrible twos--numbers 1, 2, and 5.  The others all have.  The only other common point I can find between these three children is that they're all left-handed.  Could there be a correlation?  Might be an interesting study some day.

Child #7, ah my sweet and wonderful and calm and patient #7.  Last night, as I went to bed, I pulled my cell phone out of my purse to find the lid off my Excedrin Migraine bottle.  In a slight moment of panic after finding the bottle empty, I dumped the purse upside down.  Thankfully, there were the pills.  Were all of them there?  I have no way of knowing.  I quickly went downstairs to check on #7 who was sleeping peacefully, which she continued to do all night, I'm thankful to say.

After this incident, I looked back on the day and realized that she had given herself a taste of sunscreen and had opened that same pill bottle earlier in the day.  In the past week, she's started climbing on the kitchen table and also started, rather vocally, to refuse to get in her booster chair at the table.  She's starting to get an opinion about things.

Hopefully, her personality up to this point will help temper her a bit.  I don't want to surrender to it, but it's sure looking like we're in for some fun times ahead.

2 comments:

Alyson said...

I didn't think the twos were ever terrible; but I thought the threes were, for all seven of mine. One in particular, it was the day after her third birthday that her personality changed. Overnight! And the day of her 4th birthday she was back to her sweet disposition. It was the freakiest thing.

I love that she's getting an opinion! And making her tiny voice heard! But I love it most of all because she's your terrible two, and not mine. ;)

Julia Shinkle said...

What are you talking about I'm going through my terrible 38's...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...