Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Book Change

Not THIS mamma!
I started reading The Earth, My Butt and Other Big, Round Things, but it was just another one of those teenage girl drama things.  I couldn't stand it.  I got about a chapter in and had to stop.  Too much self-imposed dumb stuff.  UGH!!!

I went to the library this morning and asked the librarian for a banned or challenged book published within the past ten years that has a male protagonist.  My hope was that I could get away from some of the drama.  She directed me to An Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian.  It is an Oregon Battle of the Books book for 2011.  I'm actually looking forward to reading it.

I must say, I am grateful to live my life with a minimum of drama in it.  For the most part, I'm raising drama-free young women in my home.  Life is just good.  Who needs the drama?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...