Before child #6 came along, this is how birthdays were laid out in our house. We had one child born in each September, October, November, December and January. The Warden is March, and I am April. We had two girls and three boys, so we thought it would be amazing to have a girl born in February, but it didn't work out that way. We had a boy in October, and were pleased as could be. #7, a girl, was born in June, so not everything in life is clockwork, but it was really fun to have things the way we did.
September 4th is the beginning of the birthdays. We now have two in October and little Miss #7 all by herself in the summer, but I guess that's not completely true. #4, whose birthday is three days after Christmas has decided to celebrate his in the summer too, and we're great with that, so we have two summertime celebrations. We thought we'd do his birthday on his half birthday, but when #7 came along on that day, it kind of blew that idea out of the water.
Today is this girl's 14th birthday:
- Her compassion.
- Her zest for life.
- Her thoughtfulness.
- She marches by her own drummer.
- She's a leader.
- She doesn't follow the crowd.
- She gets excited about things.
- She claps when she gets excited.
- Her beautiful smile.
- When she plays school with her younger siblings.
- That's she's super creative.
- That she likes to read.
- That's she's so much like her grandmother (my mother-by-marriage).
- That she still likes having me around.