Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Potato Skins without the Skins

Use whatever you have on hand.
Yesterday, I bought some frozen potatoes at Fred Meyer.  They were "Roasted Redskin Potatoes with Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper" (sounds kind of fancy, doesn't it), but you can use hashbrowns or whatever potatoes you might have.  Fred Meyer has their frozen potatoes on sale this week, but when I got these to the checkouts these were not included in the sale.  I bought them anyway.  I also bought some bacon.

My plan is to cook the potatoes in the oven; fry and crumble the bacon; cut up some green onions (from our garden); grate some cheese; sprinkle the bacon, onions and cheese on the potatoes and put them in the oven until the cheese is melted.  We'll serve it with sour cream.

I have some yellow squash from our garden that I'll saute in olive oil to serve as the veggie.

There, that's it.

I would like to note that the yellow squash and green onions were only made possible this year because I had NOTHING to do with the garden.  I think I went out and looked at it up close once.  I have the opposite of a green thumb.  I wouldn't say it's brown.  I might say it's black.  I'm very thankful my children aren't plants.

1 comments:

LeAnn said...

Oh, I do not have a green thumb either. I now have a large amount of apples that our tree produced this year and I need to do somethig with them quick.
I like your dinner thoughts; and thank for sharing the sale.
Love following your posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...