Monday, September 19, 2011

Chicken Cordon Bleu on a Baguette--The Evolution of Dinner

Fred Meyer has baguettes and chicken on sale this week.  I put the chicken in the crockpot when I got home.  The baguettes were warm when I bought them and smelled so good.  The boys had cheese and ham for snack after school.  So, there you go, that's how this dinner idea evolved.

I'm going to reheat the baguettes in the oven before I serve them, but I'm going to cut them into pieces large enough for a sandwich for each family member. 

When the chicken is done, I'm going to remove the meat from the bones and coarsely chop it to go on the bread.  I'm also going to chop up the ham and put it on top of the chicken.  I will then layer cheese on the top.  I don't have Swiss, but I'm sure that would be a little more cordon bleu-ish.  I'm then going to drizzle some of the usual cordon bleu sauce over the top and put the top on the sandwich.

Here's the sauce I'm going to use:

2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 C. sour cream
1 or 2 tsp. lemon juice

Warm it together in the pan and it should be good to go.


So, this may turn out really nasty, or it could be really good.  I guess we'll see.

1 comments:

Jo Tapasa said...

Ok, then...what wa the verdict on the dinner? eriously, I came to your ste today to find out. Please enlighten me.... Oh, and about the gal that dslikes you. I am sad for her loss, as she is choosing to miss out on the wnderful friendship and sweet sisterhood that you are ever-willing to share. I freaking love ya,too...btw!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...