Saturday, September 10, 2011

This Could Save Your Life

Japan has left some indelible marks on me.  This photo alone haunts me


I don't EVER want to be in this situation. 

To be honest, I don't want to be a doomsayer.  I don't want to be one of those who lives for disaster, knowing it's just around the corner, but these are the last days and terrible things have been prophesied.  We can sit around and think, "Well, okay, yah, I get it, but nothing's going to happen to me.  Nothing's going to happen here."  Aren't we all learning from some very harrowing experiences that things are happening, and they're happening where they are least expected.  Let's face it.  No one is safe.

Yes, we shouldn't live our lives in fear, but the only way to do that is to face the fear, prepare ourselves for eventualities and live our lives to the fullest always aware of signs and warnings.

I can't help but think that the drivers of these cars


Might have had a better chance for survival if there had been some kind of practice, but really, how were they to know how severe this would be?

I write these things, not to freak anyone out, but the truth of the matter is, no one is exempt.  The other truth is that "If ye are prepared ye shall not fear" (D&C 38:30). 

We need to be more educated on how to handle disasters.  Because it's so prevalent right now with the 10th anniversary tomorrow, I, too, have been reliving the 9/11 catastrophe through news articles and videos.  The images of people just standing, staring, watching the buildings collapse are intriguing to me.  Why?  What makes them just stand there?  Do they really think they're out of harm's way?  Two planes just crash into two HUGE buildings, and they just stand there gazing in unbelief?



Human nature is an amazing thing.  Sometimes for our good and sometimes for our demise.  Regardless, when we're not prepared, our brains are not ready to face what's right in front of our faces.  We don't know what our choices are because we haven't prepared our brains for the unimaginable or anything like it.

This morning, I was drawn to this man.  From there, I was led to this article.  It's a fairly long article, but SO worth reading.  I hope you'll take a minute to do so.  Honestly, just being aware could save your life.

1 comments:

LeAnn said...

Thanks you for your thoughtful reminder. We do need to be physically, spiritually and temporally prepare for what ever may come. We need to pay heed to the prophetic words of our prophets.
You have seen first hand what a diaster can do; so we should not be sitting back and thinking to ourselves; "All is well in Zion".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...