Saturday, September 3, 2011

Getting Out of Work

The bathrooms are sitting half done.  Mine has a bottle of Windex in it and a damp rag.  The boys' bathroom has bathroom cleaner and a rag but clothes from someone's bath all over it.  I just called the child who's in charge of the bathrooms to come finish the work, but SURPRISE!  He came up crying.  Crying?  This is a new tactic for this particular child.  Crying?!  What?!

My kids learn rather quickly that that one doesn't work with me.  I'm really shocked that this child hasn't learned this, but I'm just realizing that it's been a good many years since this one's been tried.

I was folding laundry when the child came up.  I was so caught off guard, I didn't know how to respond.

His words, "But, Dad was going to read to me **sob...sob.**"

I just couldn't help myself.  I pulled a blanket from the dryer, and as I folded, I held it to my face and sobbed, "But, my bathrooms aren't clean **sob...sob.**"

Well, guess where he is right now?

HeeHee!  Yes, I guess I'm evil, but two can play at that game.

1 comments:

Diane Stringam Tolley said...

Age and treachery will always outdo youth and skill! Well done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...