Friday, July 22, 2011

On a Fluke


I posted this photo on my cookbooks page on facebook.  I found this photo in my mission album last week.  I remember this family fondly.  I met with them for several weeks before I transferred from Yamagata to Sendai.

Today, just on a fluke, I thought I'd look up their last name and the city they lived in.  I found a gentleman who looked remarkably like the father of this family, so I sent him a message.

This evening he responded.  At first he didn't recognize me.  I mean, it's been 20 years. I sent him this photo and asked if this was his family.  It WAS him!

What a fun reunion we've had over the internet tonight.  As we wrote a few messages to each other, he told me that his wife was looking through my photo album, and he said his four children were doing fine.  Wow!  Isn't the internet amazing?!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...