Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Would You Buy a Cookbook?

As you know, I'm trying to find a creative way to get myself to Japan to help with disaster clean up. There is so much to think about and plan that it just might not happen, but I'm trying to exercise some faith here and see if it will all work out. It will take some kind of miracle to get me there, but I'm willing to try it out.

I thought if I created a cookbook and sold it, I could finance the trip, so I started in today and found a place that will publish the book for me. I'm selling the books for $15 each. My goal is to sell 150 of them.

If you are interested in one, please contact me. You can either contact me here, message me on my facebook page, or email me at jolierufus(at)gmail(dot)com.

4 comments:

Lena Baron said...

Julie, I just had an idea. I can't buy a cookbook because I have to eat Gluten Free. HOWEVER, I would buy a book of your parenting tips and stories! I don't know how your blog is organized. But if it's somewhat labeled, you could slurp the Parenting posts into a blog book and sell it. They tend to be somewhat pricey. But mine was over 100 pages. Yours wouldn't be that long. So it might be worth a look. And for your cause, and your wisdom, I would pay and maybe others would too. You could add your recipes in the mix if they fit well. Just an idea. Blurb.com is the site to use (unless someone else knows better.) Good Luck!!

Kati said...

Julie, this is amazing! I would love to buy one of your cookbooks. Good Luck, I hope you make it to Japan :)

Julia Shinkle said...

Put me down for two, one for me and one for a gift!

Hesses Madhouse said...

Lena - thank you for the idea! I've been thinking about this quite a bit. It would be a fun project, but I just don't have the time to do both at this point. Maybe once I've graduated and kids are in school I'll do it. Fun stuff! Thanks for wanting to support me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...