Tuesday, July 26, 2011

T Minus Five

Grocery shopping is the name of the game today.  I'm up to my elbows in coupons.

My goal is to make my being away so easy that I'll hardly be missed.

I have my clothes laid out on the bed for the trip, but I still need to get a suitcase.  I borrowed one for #1 yesterday, so she's upstairs packing.  My hope is that we can fit both of our clothes in that one suitcase and use the others for our equipment.  Her two suitcases will need to weigh no more than 40 pounds each.  Mine can be up to 50.

I'm contemplating taking the air mattress and a sheet to go on it.  We'd then each have to take a blanket instead of sleeping bags.  The air mattress is ten pounds.  You flip the switch and it blows itself up; it deflates itself too.  Otherwise, we'll be sleeping flat on the tatami floor in sleeping bags for the week.  The air mattress weighs 10 pounds.  The two sleeping bags together are ten pounds.  We then have to account for the weight of blankets, but we might even be able to purchase blankets there and forego that whole weight issue.  Something makes me think that's the best possible solution.  Sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag after shoveling and working all day just doesn't sound like it's going to lend itself to good rest and a well-rested body.  I'd love some opinions on this.

1 comments:

Darilyn said...

Julie, I have an air mattress that you can borrow. It compacts quite small and weighs about 3 lbs and is comfortable to sleep on. It is not self inflating but doesn't take too long to blow up at all. Let me know if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...