Thursday, July 14, 2011

Planning Day

This was an old post that I started yet never published a long time ago. Here it is, months later, finally posted:



Do you ever blame everything that is going wrong in your life on one thing?  It seems like lately school has become my excuse for everything.  Well, I've decided that it's time to get back on board.

I started out today with a roast in the crockpot.  I stirred 1/2 C. of soy sauce and sugar along with two 8 oz. cans of tomato sauce and 2 tsp. of dry mustard together and poured them over the meat.  It cooked on high for 3-ish hours.

My sister makes these crescent rolls that are TO DIE for!  She shared the recipe with my mom, so my mom used to make them for us kids.  I mixed up a batch and made them to go with the meat.

So, there you have it.  Voila!  Dinner.  I think my kids had forgotten what it was like to have mom cook and cook something yummy.

On Sunday's we have dinner for lunch.  It was that way at my house growing up.  In the evening, we'd have a simple snack of some kind as our meal, at least that how it was growing up.  Now, in my own home, we have more than a snack.  The Warden usually makes these huge omelets.  They're AMAZING!  It's become a fun tradition. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...