Monday, July 18, 2011

Update: Status of Japan Trip


I tried to call Japan numerous times last night.  It was Monday morning there.  It rang and rang and rang.  No one ever answered.  I was quite nervous that they would, actually--very nervous that they wouldn't understand my Japanese.  I can type a conversation, but when writing, I can look up words or vocabulary I don't remember.  Verbal communication is kind of like improv comedy--whatever comes out comes out.  YIKES!  The pressure's on.

So, do I have a place to stay?  Not yet.  The cousins do.  I do not.

I have an appointment with the passport office in Seattle tomorrow afternoon.  YAY!!!  Perfect timing too.  I can take the kids to EFY in the morning and head with the others up north.  It'll be a fun adventure.  We'll make a day of it.  It'll be about six hours driving.

I'm working with AAA to get my travel arrangements made.  They can even do Japan rail passes.  Wow!  Who knew?

So, I would feel a whole lot better if I knew where I was staying, but doesn't it sometimes feel like you're given challenges just to push your faith that much farther? I figure I'll keep pushing forward.  Things'll work out.  They always do.

Although I have enough to purchase my airline ticket at this point, I don't have enough for my passport.  I will also need to provide my own transportation while there and my own food too.  If I can contact Japan and they have a place for me in the apartment in Furukawa, I won't need to pay for my housing.  After publishing the cookbook and putting money aside for shipping, if there is extra money to be had, I will take along things for those who are in such great need right now.  Please know that your dollars won't go to waste.

Thank you SO MUCH for helping with the funding of this trip.  It touches me to the core.  I know I am very indebted to many.  These are hard financial times, so I take the purchases of the book and the donations as great sacrifices.  Thank you!  If you haven't purchased yet or would like to donate, please do; don't wait until the last minute (Wednesday).  Any donation would help.  Even if it's just a couple dollars.  If you have a blog or a facebook page, would you please share a link so others can get involved too?  Thank you!  Everything helps.

My hope is that when I arrive, I will find a place that has internet so I can blog what happens each day.   I want to make this real for you who've helped me.  I wish I could express the gratitude I feel.

Thank you!  Thank  you!  Thank you!...from the bottom of my heart.

2 comments:

Janiece said...

CHEERING FOR YOU!

LeAnn said...

I am so happy that things are going forward for you to go to Japan. What a marvelous experience you will have.
Blessings to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...