Saturday, April 19, 2008

April 13 - 19 ~ The Week in Review

This week started off with my 40th birthday. That seems to be coming easier and easier to say. It was Sunday, so the festivities took place in the days before. Teagen was having trouble with his asthma (as was Aedan, but Teagen seems to struggle more with it probably because he's so little), so Zan took him home after Sacrament meeting. It was supposed to be Teagen's first official day in nursery, but needless to say, he missed it. The rest of us walked home after church. It's so nice to be able to do that. It was also nice that the weather agreed with us. This week has been a strange one for weather (strangest I've ever seen), but I'll deal with more of that later.

On Monday, Family Home Evening was a great success with everyone participating, and a wonderful lesson by Quinlan (see Monday's post for more info). It was nice to have the kids home all day with the teacher workday. We got the house all cleaned up and the kids watched "Ratatouille." It was good to have Sandra and Hope here for the evening.

Teagen's language has developed further this week. He suddenly looks big. No longer a baby. Before now, he has taken either his shirt or pants off, but this week, he took both off. In these photos, he has taken Brevin's shin guard and Gannon's soccer ball and carried them upstairs to share with "MiMi."

Aedan has found Quinlan's first soccer cleats and a pair of shin guards that no one is currently using, and wears them to whomever's soccer practice he ends up at on Tuesday evening. He can't go to practice until he's all geared up.

This was just such a cute photo of Quinlan and Teagen that I had to put it here. This was Tuesday morning.

The many faces of Brevin. Tuesday night as I did my blog entry, I realized how few pictures I had been taking of Brevin, so I asked him to sit for a quick pic that morning after getting ready for school. I should have known, after seeing the first photo that he really wasn't feeling good. He was complaining of his throat and his stomach, but other than that, he didn't seem to have any major symptoms, so I sent him (after consulting with our in-home principal). I really love when my kids are home, so I know Zan will be more unbiased than I am in judging their complaints. He did end up calling (after enjoying both of his recesses for the day, he reported) and came home and rested. I really don't think he was that sick.

This was Wednesday evening. Quinlan was sitting next to Julie Buss on the stage, but who knew that Julie had camera-phobia? She also has very fast reflexes. Rachel Morris had been sitting chatting with them too, but her phobia and reflexes were even faster.

Yo Momma (ooops! No, yo daughta. Ooops! No, my daughta) wears combat boots. Looking at this photo, I guess it doesn't look so bad, but it was hilarious on Thursday morning when Dierden came into my room asking me if her outfit looked okay. She got these boots for Christmas (both of my girls have begged for boots at this age). The skort she's wearing is one Grandma Joi made years ago for Quinlan. It was too big for Quinlan back then, so Shelby Brennan wore it first, it was then handed back down to Q and then to Dierden. Joi did some really beautiful stitchery on the front, which Dierden adores. I have learned that with Dierden, even if it looks well, let's say interesting, she doesn't care about your opinion and does what she thinks is good. You go, Dierden.

On Friday, Dierden's class had a "state fair" and invited parents to come join in on the fun. This is Dierden and her "float." She did her float and report on New York. The inside of the shoebox was the Radio City Music Hall complete with Rockettes. At the time this photo was taken, it had survived a trip home after the fair in D.J.'s backpack.

We went to dinner on Friday evening at Red Robin. It was payday, and we go out to dinner on payday each month. While we were sitting there waiting for a table large enough to seat our crew, Quinlan and Gannon entertained me by showing me just what "Emo" is. Yes, these are my lovely emo children.
Teagen isn't the best right now at sitting still. Who am I kidding? None of my kids have been good at sitting still. They're MY kids that's why.
He sat through Dierden's game today (Saturday)--Dierden scored two of her team's three goals!!! Looks like the old Dierden is returning to the field. She has rediscovered her long legs and what they're best at. It was soooo cold, and I believe Teagen stood it as long as he could, but he cried through a good part of it. He was also very due for a nap. I sat in the car with him during Brevin's game (Brev scored a goal too), hoping he'd nap, but that didn't happen.
By the time we were on our way home, he'd had it and was very antsy. To keep him happy, I shared a bag of Sun Chips (my fave) with him. When they were gone, he kept insisting that there were more, so I gave him the bag. He then started asking for something else. I had no idea what, so I gave him the hat I had with me. He was thrilled to have it but then realized he didn't know what to do with it. I told him to put it on his head. Without hesitating, here's what he did. He's very good at following directions.

So, back to the weather, as I mentioned earlier. Today we have experienced it all--cold, clouds, sun, rain, snow, sleet, and hail. Is there any other kind of weather to be had? Well the day's not over yet. I'm just amazed that it's mid April.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...