Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Why I Blog

My good friend, Tonya, told me that she was addicted to blogging. I thought that was ridiculous. I started this blog in December of last year. It was boring at best.

I saw her blog for the first time a few weeks ago and was amazed. How did she make it look so cute? That's just Tonya. She makes everything look cute. Some people have an eye for that kind of thing.

Well, after messing around with this thing during the past 24 hours (not straight, I assure you), I've found that it's really fun to put part of yourself out there as long as you can get creative with it.

I was just chatting with my bff and invited her to come to see my little corner of the world. I explained to her my purpose in wanting to do this.

I guess it comes with the fact that in less than a week from now I'll be turning 40. Ugh! A fact I don't like to admit, but they say They also say the first step to recovery is acceptance, so does that mean if I accept it, it will go away?

I look back on the last ten years or so of my life and realize how little I've left behind--few written records, photos, etc. What am I leaving my children? Am I leaving them what my mother left me? A large supply of herself on paper, or more like her mother--nothing?

The great thing I'm finding with blogging is that it's so much more than just words on paper. I can put music and photos and other things that make it uniquely mine.

I don't think everyone's going to want to read all that I have written here; actually, I hope they don't. I just want my children to be able to find me when I leave them. Mind you, I'm not planning on that anytime soon, but someday it will come ready or not. I want them to find me when they need me. If you are outside my family, and I invite you here, just know that I must love you a whole bunch.

3 comments:

Tonya said...

I am so glad you joined the blogging world! See, i'm not so ridiculous! I actually like taking my camera places now because I know I can journal on my blog. Before blogging I would find myself taking very few pictures because I knew that it was one more picture I would feel obligated to one day scrapbook. Blogging is a scrapbook and journal all in one, and yes, you can make it so personal. That is the fun of it:0) I love being your friend, though you are a little nutty sometimes:0)(that was a compliment)!

Tonya said...

By the way...I stopped doing facebook because I was having to much fun blogging and I needed to take one distraction away so I could do my laundy and pay attention to my kids. So, the point is, keep blogging!

Tonya said...

I really like to do laundy, but what I meant to say was laundry.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...